Wednesday, November 19, 2014

DON'T STEP ON MY WINGS

I have wings so small, I am starting to fly
I try to explore, sometimes I cry
I fall, I ache, sometimes I break
But how can I fly if you step on my wings?

I need to get out, to try and break free
Give me some freedom, some trust I demand
My wings are small, they need to grow
My steps are frail, but yes, sometimes I need to fail

I can hop sometimes and I could flutter
I want to talk too, even if I stutter
But how can I go, oh tell me, how can I grow?
If you step on my wings, you put me oh so low.

I have smaller wings and you want to fly higher
But you cannot go higher if you step on my wings
I couldn't be able to fly,
How can I lift you up high?

Oh, let me be, let me free
Let me soar high and spree
Let me explore where my wings can take me
And maybe, one day, we can fly together - beautifully

Oh please be fair to a small eagle like me
Whose wings are small, frail, and still learning to fly
Don't step on my wings,
It stops my heart beat.

You soar on your own wings
So high and unreachable, I can only look up to you
And that will let my wings grow too
So that someday I can grow as big as you

But you cannot soar so high and mighty
You cannot go further than where I could be
If you won't let me go, together we'll stay here
So please, don't step on my wings and let us both be happy.


No comments: