Sunday, October 4, 2015

THE COST OF LEARNING 1: DAVAO AND BUKIDNON

So, I have been traveling for over a month now and I am extremely homesick and tired of the clothes I'm wearing. But one thing I am thankful for is that I am traveling and going places without spending my own money.I am learning a lot and enjoying a lot of things funded by the office. It is truly a blessing. I am putting up this post just to take note of the expenses I had the last month, that might also be a good reference for me (and for others) when I travel in the future. I would include costs for transportation, accommodation, and food in each of the places I visited.

Davao City

24 August 2015 - My airfare from Manila to Davao cost around Php 2034.96 through Air Asia. Taxi from Francisco Bangoy International Airport to Hotel Uno in Claveria cost around P200.00. Hotel Uno rate for Single Deluxe is P750.00 per night. (They also have Single room for only P650 and non-air conditioned Single for P250, Double for P350).

Because it is Kadayawan season, durian costs around P30.00 per kilo only! Mangosteen for P60.00 per kilo. Rambutan for only P20.00 and lansones for  around the same price. Meals range from P50 - P200 depending on where you dine and what food you order.
Durian! My addiction...


You can get around through taxi or jeepney (if you know how to get around). I have been here a lot so during this trip I did not spend much time visiting the touristy places. A to-go place is Samal island and Talicud island, which would probably be more affordable if traveling with a group.

Valencia, Bukidnon

28 August 2015 - Bus from Davao City to Valencia, Bukidnon is P345 per way. In Valencia, I stayed with the Rojo family, so I did not spend much for food and accommodation. But there are affordable rooms and food is also cheap in this area.

Going around through "rela" (basically a big tricycle that can accommodate around 8-10 passengers), cost a minimum of P8.00 per person per way.

At the Rojo residence, I loved hanging out with the Kalinaw Youth Movement






No comments: