Wednesday, July 11, 2012

THE BRIGHTER SIDE


 Twenty hours of sitting on a bus and my bum is sore
Didn’t have a good sleep, Oh! How dreadful this is!

I opened my eyes to see how dangerous the road was,
and to my surprise, Behold! I saw beauty!

It’s my first time to witness this side of the country
Huge mountains bouncing green, with rivers binding them together

In the province of Ifugao, I was on a journey
and the rice terraces told my soul another story

My journey is like climbing up a mountain
At first you feel excited and you even run to get there fast

But eventually you get tired and you have no choice
but to rest even for just a little while

When you start your second wind, you will realize
You are better, you can run faster, more energized, and more dedicated to finish til the end

In the midst of my sore bum, my spirit was refreshed
My mind was rejuvenated, my soul re-energized

In the midst of a long and tiresome journey,
I had a glimpse of God’s glory

And this majestic view has taught me
to appreciate life’s simple blessings...


Life’s Simple Blessings

The bus leaves not on the appointed time, but only when all the passengers are there and ready to go.

Witnessing the gigantic mountains and being reminded how small I am and how big God is; how blessed I am that this big God loves me as I am

When children play with toys that you have seen for the first time, because they are made of pieces of wood and an extraordinarily creative mind

When there’s only one narrow road, but buses and trucks give way for each other

When you have a sore bum, yet you were blessed to see God’s awesome creation

When you set out on a journey with two people you just got to know, but you trust that they will be part of your long journey ahead... to teach you, mentor you, laugh and eat with you, and work together.

No comments: