Friday, May 10, 2013

2 LITTLE JOYS

Last year, I wrote about: 2 DREAMS. Today, I have already established a few days ago that I would write about two little boys that give joy. They debrief me when I come back from a stressful trip, they teach so many things in a lot of ways, one of which is how to become a good mom.

Cody
When you ask Cody who his best friend is, he would say, "Ate Reg, best friend!" That was a few months ago, before he turned two. Now that he is growing older, I wouldn't always get the same answer anymore. It is a joy to see him grow before me, and if being an older sister means being there for him to teach him, and to learn with him, I have always loved that idea. But more than the idea, I love learning things with Cody. I appreciate how most of the time, he reminds me how simple life is, and that it depends on us how we make things complicated. He teaches me that we can find joy in everything we do, we can make friends even with the strangest strangers, and that sometimes it is good to cry when you feel bad and that doesn't make you any less of a person. I look forward to watching him grow into a fine young boy someday. :)

Makai
Makai was two months when they came here, so I feel like I literally watched him grow since he was an infant. I watched how he started to crawl, stand, and then walk. I heard his first few sounds, and I am claiming that his first word is "Ate," :) This little cutie is growing before my eyes and I also look forward to discovering what kind of personality he has, though he obviously is a cheerful guy.

These two boys bring me a lot of joy and teach me in a lot of ways :)

2 comments:

Gerd and Regina Bartel said...

I am sooo touched by your love for the little boys. Thankful to God for your presence in their life. Blessings

journeyist said...

Thanks! I am really so blessed by them!