Friday, May 3, 2013

8 NEW PROVINCES IN A YEAR (Countdown to 23)

Because this journeyist is a traveler, I'm sharing you today 8 new provinces I visited in a year! It is a blessing for me to have gone to new places for my work, because I get to explore more, learn more, and see more of what is in our country. I used to do a lot of traveling around Luzon and Mindanao, and until now, I still get awed by the beauty I see in the new places I visit. These new provinces are all work-related travels, but still the joy of absorbing their richness lies within me. If you want to see first what I wrote last year, here it is: 8 People Who Influenced Me (Countdown to 22)

Ifugao
During my first week at work, I got to travel to one of the most beautiful provinces in the country, Ifugao. It lies within the Cordillera mountains, and it is filled with awesome rice terraces that continues to amaze me every time I see them.

Agusan
I get to travel alone to the City of Butuan, and I was first afraid to be in a new city, on my own. God never lets me alone, though, because I still enjoyed exploring around the city and seeing its beauty. Now that I've been there a couple of times, I still won't forget the first time I went there on my own. A gentle and mighty hand guided and protected me when I was there.

Surigao del Sur
I traveled to a small town in this province for a training, and heard their stories, got to know awesome people, and savored the beauty of its rich nature. The beach and the mountains are awesome!

Leyte
Flew to Leyte, and then had to travel two hours by land to Samar. It was good to drive around Tacloban, Leyte. I know I'm going back there someday to enjoy more of its richness but for now, seeing it is enough to know it's got a lot of surprises in store for me!

Samar
I crossed San Juanico bridge, the longest bridge in the country, to get here from Leyte. It was a precious experience to have one of our psychosocial healing workshops there, to get to drink by the beach, and enjoy loads of crabs, shrimps, and lansones! I'll definitely get back here!

Sorsogon
Traveled here by land for around 12 hours, and it was soooo tiring! The following day, I got to visit the beach and all the tiresome memories of the travel were washed away.


Camarines Sur
The place of surprises! I came here for meetings, and it was special to get to reunite with my college friend who is from here. Her parents took me to the Camarines Sur Water Sports Complex, and I had some time hanging out at her house. It was special as we reminisce some memories together, and catch up with each other, and get to know her family :)

Mindoro Oriental
This was one of the provinces I always wanted to visit. I came here for a meeting that lasted for only a day. My total travel time was longer than the meeting, but it was all worth it. The small town I visited was so peaceful and rich, and I'll get to travel here more often in the next few months.

No comments: