Friday, May 4, 2012

8 PEOPLE WHO INFLUENCED ME (Countdown to 22)

We're down to EIGHT!!! Today, I am talking about 8 people who influenced/has influence in my life today... There are in fact many people who have done extraordinary things to mold me and shape me into becoming the person I am now... But these people I am talking about, they just did simple things that made a great impact! So, get to know the "influencers!"


1 Daniel Pantoja
My former boss. A good friend, and a good "kuya". He walked with me, talked with me, laughed with me, cried with me, and ate with me along my journey. He is my mentor. He mentored me about life, leadership, spirituality, love, and family! One of the best mentors I have ever met!
I think this is our only photo together, because every time
we go on our trips, it is either I was the photographer, or him!


2 Richard Rancap
My pastor. Aside from my dad, he was one of the people I grew up with, who mentored me about spirituality. His patience and quietness taught me how to speak. His meekness taught me courage, and his leadership taught me independence. He is one person who has a big influence in my life!
This photo was taken in Lake Toba, North Sumatra, Indonesia!
He, plus another pastor, are the first two people I went with outside the country!
It was such an honor!


3 Ambrocio Porcincula
My bishop. He challenged my spiritual life, and his life taught me resilience. He would always say, "Matalo ka na sa tao, huwag lang sa Diyos." (You may fail people's standards, but never fail God's). His strength taught me to be strong, his ideals gave me wisdom. He is my "lolo," my friend, and mentor.
My lolo is naturally sweet and youthful!
He rejoices and jumps with us young people every Sunday at church!


4 Silvina Porcincula
Bishop's wife. My "Nanay (mother)".... Her presence reminds me that there are really nice people in the world. Her generosity taught me to be selfless, her wit inspired me to be intellectual, and her humble spirit encourages me to be the same. She is one best nanay, even though she doesn't have her own child. For all of the youth members at church, she is one great mother!
I can't find a photo of us together, but I definitely took this one!
This was taken at our bishop's office.


5 Kriz Cruzado
My "Ate" (big sister). Her life story simply reminds me that we have our own journeys. Her journey was an inspiration for me. She reminds me that great people had ordinary journeys, but made extraordinary effort to get through them. She is one big sister that I can always tell on. She is one great leader, but she still has to discover it yet. I love this person truly!
It was an honor for me to have worked with this lovely, talented lady!


6 Mei Solocasa
My intestinal and urinary bladder twin. :) My eating buddy. My friend. My "ate". Her passion taught me to be passionate. Her leadership and courage inspires me to be bold. Her life story  inspires me to love my family, and her love story teaches me how to fight for love. She is one talented person, and I anticipate growing old sharing stories with her. :)
Here, I would like to put:
Peace building is our passion, eating is our hobby! :)


7 Hamie Bansan
My friend and ate. Her beauty teaches me humility. Her heart inspires me to be kind and gentle. Her leadership teaches me perseverance. Her life story exemplifies a life in Christ. Beauty, brains, and heart. One of the people I anticipate growing old sharing stories with. :)
A woman of beauty and heart :) Or should I say, women... both of us are! haha


8 Natalie Fernandez
My co-worker in Christ. My friend. She reminds me a great lesson in life. A lesson I would always carry with me. Her spirituality inspires mine. Her leadership taught me to be brave. Her life taught me to be aware. She is one person I always look forward to having endless conversations with. :)
We still have a lot to talk about... a lot to share about in our  journey...

No comments: