Tuesday, May 8, 2012

4 FAVORITE FOOD AND DRINKS (Countdown to 22)

1 Dried fish (Tuyo)
My all-time favorite, unique Filipino dish that I really love and am proud of! My lovely "tuyo!"haha... I don't know what's with this stuff that I love the most, but I definitely just can't resist eating it!haha... When I eat tuyo, I eat the most cups of rice ever! It's salty, meaty taste is what I love the most! Not that it is healthy, but you can actually cook it in various ways! Cook it with soupy vegetables, saute with vegetables or noodles, and whatever else you want to try it with! It is the best protein substitute when you go on a survival area, and it is also a best partner of a Filipino favorite - champorado!
Tuyo is best served with fried rice and tomatoes...hmmmm!!!




2 Coffee
Best for breakfast, snacks, lunch, and even after dinner. I grew up learning to love the smell of coffee and enjoying drinking it almost any time of the day! It was a special privilege when I had the chance to have a coffee research study in a coffee farm. I even wrote a comic book for coffee farmers about the basics of coffee from seed to cup. It was then that I realized that coffee takes a tedious process before it gets into my cup. Coffee is a precious drink. It was precious to me before, but now I treat coffee as gold. I have learned a lot working with Coffee for Peace, Inc. in Davao City, and since then, Arabica coffee has been my favorite! I enjoy Arabica brewed and black, but I also love the variety when it is served to me in different ways at coffee shops :)
I love coffee for what it is...
and I love all the coffee farmers behind one precious cup of coffee...



3 Egg (Scrambled, Sunny side-up, boiled, or whatever)
"An egg a day is OK" says a slogan in one of the restaurants near my university when I was in college. I loved it! Every time I pass by that restaurant, I smile! The reason behind me liking the slogan is that, in fact, I love egg! I like it boiled, scrambled, sunny side-up. I eat it with rice, bread, or porridge. I love egg when it is cooked into "leche flan" or egg pie. I love that most pastries are made with dozens of eggs. And I love that my favorite recipe, cream puffs, also require dozens of eggs! So, I love the egg for what it is and whatever you can make of it. I even like it raw, mixed with my favorite soda! (haha..try it too!) Also, I love that eggs are produced and handled in a very delicate way before it gets into my refrigerator. So, egg is definitely ok!!!
Sunny side-up! :) is okay! 



4 Buko Salad
I have a special taste bud for sweets. I just love them! But I don't know what is there with buko salad (coconut salad), but it is my favorite! I love that you can mix it with anything and enjoy it's awesome taste! I love that you can eat it frozen or just cold. I love that you can put it in a small plate, cup, or even in a plastic bag! I love the coconut in it...plus the cheese... the milky taste,.. the other ingredients you mix with it... Bottomline is, I love coconut! And whatever else you mix with it to make it into a salad! :)
Oh, how I just love this!


No comments: