Saturday, May 12, 2012

THE DAY!!! (Countdown to 22 ends now)

"Ordinary day. No party, no special treat. No special someone to visit me. No adventure, no special activity. It is, like the rest of the year, an ordinary day. Later, I would be left home alone. I will be busy with things I would normally do. But today, is the day I was born 22 years ago. And for 22 years, my life has been filled with overflowing blessings. Today is an ordinary day, just like the past 8030 days of my life...B L E S S E D."


The countdown series was my effort to release a part of me. It was my way of letting go of so many things, of wrapping up all my experiences and challenges so far, of recognizing people who have been important to my life, and valuing things that I love doing the most. It was my way of simply letting you know me better, as much as I make an effort to know my inner self more and more. 
The countdown to 22 ends now.
But, as the days pass, and as the will of the Father unfolds before me, I will keep you updated!


There is nothing really special being a 22-year old, but this is a period in my life when I finally start to embrace what I am called to do. This is the time I finally tell myself that  my childhood days are over, teenage years are but a memory, and adulthood begins. I am not in a hurry to get old. In fact, I struggled a lot for the past years of how I have always been given responsibilities that I thought were bigger than my age. I badly wanted to stay young, to do things I used to do when I was young, and be with people I have always been with since I was young.


Today is the day I accept and embrace my calling. I am slowly embracing the responsibilities that I forcefully accepted before. I am embracing the responsibilities that are being given to me, understanding better why I was the one doing it and for Whom. I am accepting the challenges that life still has to offer. I welcome my 23rd year with a smile, having no regrets with my past decisions, and with inner peace and joy.


I am  now 22. I am ready to face the new challenges set before me. I am ready to shed more tears, share more smiles, burst a thousand more laughters, and touch more hearts and lives of people.  I am ready to make new friends, fall in love, and exhaust myself with more fun and adventure!


I am now 22. And like the past years, I offer this day to the only reason why my heart is beating. I offer this day and my years to my Creator, my Father, my Protector, Provider, Healer, Comforter, and Friend - to my Savior, Jesus Christ!


Welcome to my Radical Journey as a 22-year old!


I open my arms and my heart to the promise of the Lord in Jeremiah 29:11:
"For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord.
'Plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future."

1 comment:

Twinkle said...

Happy birthday my sister!