Wednesday, May 9, 2012

3 BEST FRIENDS (Countdown to 22)

We're down to three! Today, I want to talk about three people who, I believe I influenced, and in so many ways influenced me too. We grew up together at church and we had to be together because we had no choice. We were bound to be together. It was fate. It was destiny. Remember one of the challenges I talked about in the 10 Challenges of my life? #5: Church leadership. It was a period at our church when everyone who were before us suddenly seemed scattered and left us behind. The four of us! So, I was young then and they were younger than me. They were at the same grade level, and I was two years ahead of them. I was the older sister "ate" among us. I was challenged to lead them, to encourage them, to share visions together, and to simply be friends with them. It wasn't easy. But now, 11 years after our friendship started, we began to realize that we are best friends. Not because we chose to, but because we were tried and tested by life's struggles and challenges. Get to know the people I grew up with, and the people I envision growing old together with. :)
The four of us recently...
me, Kim, Rio, and Eben ;)




1 Rio
The musician.
When we were younger...She was that little girl I used to scold. She dislikes a lot of things, but easily likes simple things -very simple things. I found her exaggerated and emotional. She didn't have confidence and I had to push her for that. She wasn't confident about her talent and I had to show her that she has. She is a creative writer, but I am a technical writer, so sometimes I don't read her hearty and emotional novels! (haha)

Today...She is a very dear sister. She has bloomed into becoming one beautiful woman of God who uses her gifts to worship the Creator. A gifted musician. Beautiful voice. Most importantly, she has a gorgeous heart! She is one young woman who dreams of having her efforts appreciated - even in the smallest way possible. She cries over simple things, but dreams about big things! Her joy is to eat her heart out. Her happiness is to laugh with friends!

One petite woman with a giant passion for music. One small person with one great purpose!
Pretty ladies :)
There is so much reserved stories behind those beautiful smiles.



2 Kim
The versatile artist.
When we were younger...He was this taller-than-me-boy who was always sweet and friendly to everybody. He was branded "the backslider". He goes to church at summer and Christmas break, then doesn't show his face at all during the rest of the year. He is a brilliant actor, singer, and dancer! He became my accountability partner. His presence creates a difference wherever he is.

Today...He is still taller than me. He is still the same talented person. A versatile actor that can also sing and dance. His tears flowed when he heard his calling..but unlike before, he has grown into a dedicated man. He was my successor as the youth leader. A tall man with big dreams, and big efforts to reach those dreams. He is a very promising leader, with a very promising future as a man of God. He sings through the storms of life and dances through the challenges of leadership.

One bright person with a truly bright future. One dynamic guy with one clear vision: to serve the Lord.
A "friend" one will always be proud of...



3 Eben
The director.
When we were younger...he was the bullied boy. One who was always laughed at because of his new and fairly intriguing ideas. As my brother, he was sometimes annoying for me. Annoying because I had to look after him, and he was a very notorious debater, so I struggle with my leadership with him. He was a gifted artist, director, painter, and singer.

Today...I was surprised how time swiftly passed by. He is now the leader at church. With his leadership, I am reminded that my leadership was successful. With his new and promising plans for the future, I remember the days when those ideas were laughed at. His passion reminds me of my own. His dedication reflects my own dedication.

He is one artistic person that has artistic and radical vision. One great leader with a hope of mentoring more great leaders to rise.
Best friend and brother...



So, all of them are artists! All of them are talented! I am not an artist, not a musician, not a singer, nor a dancer. I can act a bit, but not much. Among the four of us, I am the least artistically inclined person, but I will always be proud of how great these three younger friends have been. Every time I see them and their achievements, my heart leap for joy. Every time I see them cry and get hurt, my heart bleeds for them. Every time they dream big dreams for the future, I jump and cheer for them! I may not be as talented as they are, but I guess, my purpose was to simply let them know... how great people they are! And for me, that purpose... is more than enough!
So, this is us... :)

1 comment:

lovethediarist said...

ASDFGHJKL! I can't even...waaaaaaa. Cryables nalang ako. HAHA./ thanks ate reg for being a very good ate and bestfriend. :) You already! Me already! Us already! It's so touching.

I long for a thousand more years of friendship...syempre at that moment..nasa heaven na tayo! yiieee<3
I love you! God Bless!