Friday, May 11, 2012

1 PRAYER ANSWERED (Countdown to 22)

1 more day and it's THE DAY! I will have no party, no special treat, no place to go, to special someone to meet. It is an ordinary day like the rest of the year. But tomorrow, I'm turning 22. And tomorrow, I am embracing something big! So now, I want to share you one of the many answered prayers in my life. And I want to encourage you to pray and let God lead the way, because He really answers prayers!


1 Published
Yes. One of my childhood dreams was to get published even at a local newspaper. And then, growing up, I prayed that I would be able to write about the History of the Mennonites in the Philippines. I had no idea how to do it and when that would be. I just had that desire in my heart.

With my first job, I was assigned to become the National Coordinator of the Mennonite Church in the Philippines. I eagerly accepted the responsibility and committed to God and to the church that I will serve with all my heart. I am doing it for the Lord, expecting nothing in return.

As the National Coordinator, I was asked to write the Philippine chapter for the Mennonite World Conference (MWC)- Global Anabaptist History Book Series. I was surprised and delighted to accept the task even if I was given only a short period to finish it. After two months of prayer and hard work, I finally sent the chapter to the editors. I received positive feedbacks from the editors and only waited for the day that the book will be published. On November 2011, the Asia Volume of the Global Mennonite History Series was launched. And...

...

Chapter 6 is about the Mennonites in the Philippines authored by "yours truly"...

So this it! I am published at age 21! It is only a short chapter, but it IS an answered prayer!


Today, I still dream of becoming a published writer. I should have included this in my article yesterday,haha... but I dream of writing books, essays, and inspirational thoughts for children, young people, women, and everyone! I dream of using this gift that God has entrusted me, so that I could be able to share my story of salvation to people around the world!


More to go! :)

Tomorrow, I'm turning 22....

There will be more stories I will write about in the future... :)And more prayers to be answered!

Me and the book... :) The FIRST published work of mine...

No comments: