Thursday, May 9, 2013

3 MENTORS I SPENT THE DAY WITH

Today, I honestly couldn't think of anything to write for number three. Last year, I wrote about: 3 BEST FRIENDS. I spent most of the day with my Barkman family and watched as they did language lessons. Eventually, while they were doing language, I realized I should write about these three people.


Christina
Tina is my mentor in a lot of ways. She inspires me in a lot of ways by the way she is: a great mom, a good friend, and a loving wife. She also shows me that being yourself and defending what you know is right, does not harm. Spending time with her is never without a fruitful reflection afterwards. I love how she triggers my mind into reflecting a lot, especially about my culture, my family, my church, and my work. By Filipino standards, she is an "Ate" that anyone would be thankful for having. And I am blessed to share the same journey with her in this lifetime.

Darnell
A loving husband to Tina, and an awesome dad to their two sons, Cody and Makai. Darnell is my pastor and mentor. I get more interested reading heavy stuff on theology when I know he has an easier-to-understand explanation. He's a "Kuya" that's pretty much my own brother in a lot of ways. I am so blessed to be on the same journey with him, learning a lot of things from him that shape who I am today and who I will become as a leader, and as a follower of Christ.

Bryan
Kuya Bryan's passion in serving the community inspires me to become more passionate in what I do. His dreams and desires for his community, and what he currently does to address his community's needs are some things I always see as an example. It is a blessing for me to have met him on this journey.

No comments: